Qingdao (also known as Tsingtao) is a big city in Northeast China, located at the East China Sea. The city is mainly famous for its good harbor and has a large industrial center. The city also has the world's longest sea bridge, the Jiaozhou Lake Bridge (26.7 km) and the Tsingtao Brewery. Other famous attractions include the Zhan Qiao pier (where you can find a large pavilion with the logo of Tsingtao beer, and a small aquarium), as well as the Catholic Church and the Protestant Church from the 1900s. There are also some great park areas as well as museums. On May Fourth Square in the city center you can see the red "May Wind" sculpture."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Qingdao forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Qingdao is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $30.09, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $84.55, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $153.40
- Hotel (3 stars): $34.59
- Hotel (4 stars): $81.03
- Hotel (5 stars): $131.86
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.44
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $5.12
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.08
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.42
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.14
Qingdao has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 91.8 (better than United states average 47.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 100.0 (better than United states average 69.5)
- Walking alone at night: 80.0 (better than United states average 41.7)
More information: Qingdao safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.