Phnom penh (Cambodia)
Phnom Penh is the capital of Cambodia located in the southern part, along the Mekong River. The city's climate is tropical, temperatures remain around 30 C throughout the year, and most of the rainfalls are got in September and October, January and February being the driest time. The city was held the most beautiful city that French people have built, in the early 1900s. Phnom Penh is full of historical beautiful buildings and large avenues. The city also hosts a lot of trips to the ancient temple area in Angor Watt. The city is reasonably safe, but pickpockets and scammers are everywhere, and most of the cops are corrupted.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Phnom penh forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Phnom penh is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $38.94, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $99.34, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $25.54
- Hotel (3 stars): $34.66
- Hotel (4 stars): $78.59
- Hotel (5 stars): $127.60
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $4.72
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $8.45
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $0.74
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.99
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.00
Phnom penh has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 45.5 (weaker than United states average 48.1)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 67.6 (a little weaker than United states average 69.8)
- Walking alone at night: 36.8 (weaker than United states average 41.9)
More information: Phnom penh safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.