Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh, located in the Central Region, along the Buringanga River. The areas climate is humid tropical, so the temperatures are around 30 C throughout the year and the worst of the rainy season takes place from April to October. The city has a significant architectural heritage from the Mughal Kingdoms to British colonial-era buildings and also modern tower buildings. The city has developed very fast in the recent years and has started to fill up with several huge with shopping centers, amusement parks, and also with five-star hotels. Dhaka is also a massive river port. The citys greatest threats to the security are the pocket thieves, beggars and pollution, although the demonstrations and large masses of people should be avoided.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Dhaka forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Dhaka is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $48.00, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $114.29, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $91.67
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $2.50
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $4.42
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.89
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $1.77
Dhaka has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 35.5 (weaker than United states average 48.1)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 48.2 (weaker than United states average 69.8)
- Walking alone at night: 22.4 (weaker than United states average 41.9)
More information: Dhaka safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.