Yerevan is the capital of Armenia, located in the middle parts of country, along the Hrazda River. The city's climate is continental semi-Arid, so the summers are hot (38 C), and winters are cold (-10 C). Most of the rainfalls in the area are got from October to April, although rainfall is often small. The rains sometimes come as snow during the winter. The city is known primarily for the massive buildings from the Soviet era and the pink stone that is used for buildings. The most famous individual buildings are the Opera House, as well as sculpture park of Cascades. Inside the city, there are also numerous museums, parks and churches.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Yerevan forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Yerevan is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $36.38, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $98.29, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $32.39
- Hotel (3 stars): $45.34
- Hotel (4 stars): $80.85
- Hotel (5 stars): $141.45
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $2.30
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $3.36
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.25
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.03
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $5.24
Yerevan has been classified as safe with security classification 4/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 78.0 (better than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 87.3 (better than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 76.5 (better than United states average 41.3)
More information: Yerevan safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In many countries in Asia the traffic is left-handed. In countries like China, Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: Without special contracts a rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car. The exception is China, where only a Chinese driving license is valid, so for driving in China it is either a Belgium or a Hong Kong driving license required, which can be translated to Chinese.