Pretoria (South africa)
Pretoria is a big city in South Africa, located in the northeast of the country. The city has a humid subtropical climate, the summers are hot, long and rainy (26 C, from September to March), and the winters are short, cold and sunny (about 10 C, from April to August). The city has a number of good museums, a botanical garden, with a more than 1,000 years old fig tree, offers for day trips to the world's largest diamond mining location Cullinaaniin and a ride around the city railway line in a still working steam locomotive. For African standards the city is reasonably safe, but the general caution is still higher than recommended. It is not recommended to be outside at night, even not in larger groups, because the city is virtually deserted at night.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Pretoria forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Pretoria is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $47.71, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $131.20, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $71.92
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $5.07
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $8.58
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.58
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.39
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $6.79
Pretoria has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 18.2 (weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 34.3 (weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 10.4 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Pretoria safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.