Port elizabeth (South africa)
Port Elizabeth is one of the largest South African cities, located in the southern part of the country at shore of the Indian Ocean. The city's climate is subtropical and warm throughout the year, the average temperature moves between 20 and 35 C, although in July and June temperatures can fall to close zero at night. Rain falls on an average of 6 days per month, evenly throughout the year. About half of the region's population is Caucasian. The city has some great museums as well as a large marine aquarium. The main attraction are a number of good sandy beaches, dive spots, golf courses, some private wildlife parks as well as the southern hemisphere's largest coast dune field. The city is also quite safe for Africans standards, but general caution should still be followed.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Port elizabeth forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Port elizabeth is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $44.61, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $125.98, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $40.55
- Hotel (3 stars): $53.55
- Hotel (4 stars): $71.07
- Hotel (5 stars): $114.73
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $5.07
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $8.58
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.58
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.39
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $6.79
Port elizabeth has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 23.1 (weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 44.9 (weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 14.7 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Port elizabeth safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.