Durban (South africa)
Durban is a major port city on the east coast of the Republic of South Africa. It is the location of Africa's busiest port, which has been in use since the 1800s. The tourism has begun to discover the region recently. The city's biggest attractions are the warm subtropical climate and the long sandy beaches in the middle of the city, which are particularly popular among surfers. Durban also has a number of larger parks, including a Japanese garden and a crocodile park. During the day, especially the areas around the center and the beaches are relatively safe, but it should be avoided to be outside at night alone.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Durban forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Durban is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $43.06, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $141.58, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $34.23
- Hotel (3 stars): $72.49
- Hotel (4 stars): $95.15
- Hotel (5 stars): $123.90
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $6.86
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $11.87
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.88
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.03
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $8.06
Durban has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 19.1 (weaker than United states average 48.9)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 31.5 (weaker than United states average 69.9)
- Walking alone at night: 7.1 (weaker than United states average 40.8)
More information: Durban safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.