Cape town (South africa)
Cape Town is the second largest city in South Africa, located at the country's west coast. The city's most famous landmark is the huge Table Mountain, which is located behind the actual city. Besides the town hall and the Castle of Good Hope, Cape Town's sights include the large and famous wineries in the nearby area. The Table Mountain behind the city and can be reached by hiking and climbing or by cableway. The area is also famous among surfers and divers alike, due to its location between the two oceans.
Monthly Weather Conditions
The best time for a Cape Town beach holiday is from late January to late April, the tail end of the citys dry summer months.
Cape Town enjoys a temperate climate with warm, dry conditions from October to April. Temperatures peak between December and February, which is the most popular time for a Cape Town beach holiday. Expect busy beaches, a vibrant nightlife and gloriously sunny festive cheer. Cape Towns fierce south-easter wind blows hard during this time, occassionally clearing the beaches and blanketing Table Mountain in cloud.
More information: Cape town forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Cape town is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $45.32, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $150.79, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $66.64
- Hotel (3 stars): $79.67
- Hotel (4 stars): $113.06
- Hotel (5 stars): $271.01
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $4.73
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $8.02
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.47
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.15
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $6.29
Cape town has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 26.7 (weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 47.8 (weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 15.7 (weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Cape town safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.