Lagos is a city Africa's largest city, located at the the Gulf of Guinea in southwestern Nigea. From 1400 to 1889 the city was also one of the largest African slave trade centers. Lagos has a tropical climate and the temperature is very close 30 C throughout the year, rainfall is the highest from April to July. The region's most famous attraction is the "Point of No Return", the Lagos slave market, close Badagry city, where the old slave port was located. Within the town there are also a few reasonably good sandy beaches and a few good museums. Lagos is not a particularly safe city, so in addition to the general caution, you should avoid to be alone in quiet places, especially in the dark."
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Lagos forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Lagos is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $43.65, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $192.70, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $93.26
- Hotel (3 stars): $119.10
- Hotel (4 stars): $170.00
- Hotel (5 stars): $259.08
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.94
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.50
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $0.83
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.15
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $1.39
Lagos has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 34.9 (weaker than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 49.2 (weaker than United states average 69.0)
- Walking alone at night: 28.6 (weaker than United states average 41.3)
More information: Lagos safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.