Rabat is the capital of Morocco in the northwestern part of the country, located on the Atlantic Ocean. It is also one of the four old imperial Berber cities in Morocco and the historic city center is listed as UNESCO's World Heritage Site. The city's climate is Mediterranean, during daytime the temperatures are close to 25 C in summer and 10 C in winter, although the nights are always a lot colder and in the winter temperatures may drop to zero at night. Rain falls in the area mainly from October to April. In addition to the historic downtown area, the city has the famous Hassan tower, the Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the ancient fortress city of Chellah, which is full of the ruins of Roman and Moroccan buildings, and now increasingly becoming a nesting place for birds.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Rabat forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Rabat is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $42.15, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $115.43, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $57.18
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.55
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.51
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $2.98
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.46
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $2.98
Rabat has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 64.2 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 86.7 (better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 44.6 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Rabat safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.