Casablanca is Morocco's largest city located by the Atlantic Ocean, in the North-West of the country. The city's climate is very mild and Mediterranean and the average temperatures are 26 C in summer and 7 C in winter. Rains falls mainly in the winter season. In spite of the eponymous film, the city is not very popular as tourist destination, because its historical center is very small and the modern parts are congested and polluted. The city's biggest attraction, the Hassan II Mosque, and the nightlife, however, may convince some of the tourists to stay. Despite of the beautiful sandy beach it is not recommended to swim, because the currents in this area are too powerful most of the year.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Casablanca forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Casablanca is an average price destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $51.78, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $118.20, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $45.87
- Hotel (3 stars): $69.32
- Hotel (4 stars): $89.91
- Hotel (5 stars): $171.98
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $3.68
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $6.80
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $2.99
- Meal, McDonalds: $5.20
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.12
Casablanca has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 44.0 (weaker than United states average 49.0)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 56.6 (weaker than United states average 70.2)
- Walking alone at night: 29.5 (weaker than United states average 41.1)
More information: Casablanca safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.