Addis ababa (Ethiopia)
Addis Abeba is the capital city of Ethiopia, in the center of the country and also its largest city. The city's climate is a subtropical highland climate with hot days and cold nights, and the temperature varies according to the time of day between 10 C at night and 30 C during the day. At night, the temperature may even drop to around zero. Rain is obtained mainly in July and August, and at other times randomly. The city's main attractions are the African Hall, the palaces and the Houses of Parliament, which are all located on the same road (Sidest Kilo) along the way. The city's oldest monasteries and churches can be found in the Entoto mountain chain behind the city. Addis Abeba is reasonably safe compared to other African cities, but particularly the pickpockets and the begging or thieving children can be a problem.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Addis ababa forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Addis ababa is quite a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $41.90, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $134.31, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Hotel (2 stars): $31.91
- Hotel (3 stars): $66.09
- Hotel (4 stars): $98.44
- Hotel (5 stars): $183.39
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $7.58
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $13.17
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $0.88
- Meal, McDonalds: $3.58
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $2.99
Addis ababa has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 54.3 (better than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 74.5 (better than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 42.0 (a little weaker than United states average 42.1)
More information: Addis ababa safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.