Luxor is a small city in Egypt, located at the banks of the Nile River. The city's most famous attractions are the two temple complexes within the modern city, as well as, the nearby located kings and queens valleys. From Luxor you can also travel on the Nile River in traditional Egyptian sailing boats, called felucalla, and go cycling, or join camel or donkey safaries to the desert.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Luxor forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Luxor is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $31.09, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $83.84, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $53.45
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $1.15
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $1.93
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.86
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.66
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.42
Luxor has been classified as fairly safe with security classification 3/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 42.6 (weaker than United states average 48.8)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 66.7 (a little weaker than United states average 68.9)
- Walking alone at night: 33.3 (weaker than United states average 41.2)
More information: Luxor safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.