Giza is a big city in Egypt, located at the shore of the Nile River, about 20 km southwest of Cairo. The city's most famous attractions are the three pyramids on the Giza plateau, the Sphinx, as well as a number of other pyramids, and the ancient royal tombs and temples. The Giza pyramid is one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The region also offers camel and horse riding tours for tourists, although the treatment of the animals should be examined carefully before tour departure.
Monthly Weather Conditions
More information: Giza forecast and weather conditions monthly
Compared to prices worldwide, Giza is a cheap destination.
On a tight budget, the daily budget is approximately $30.22, which includes hostel accommodation, budget meals and public transportation.
On a moderate budget, the daily budget is approximately $81.50, which includes a moderately priced hotel, meals at moderate priced restaurants and transportation costs.
- Basic hotel: $51.96
- Taxi ride (3 miles): $1.41
- Taxi ride (6 miles): $2.38
- Beer in a restaurant (16 ounces): $1.90
- Meal, McDonalds: $4.76
- Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: $3.48
Giza has been classified as quite dangerous with security classification 2/5.
Safety index values (higher is better):
- General: 46.0 (a little weaker than United states average 48.3)
- Walking alone during daytime hours: 62.8 (weaker than United states average 70.0)
- Walking alone at night: 50.3 (better than United states average 42.1)
More information: Giza safety
Things which affect the renting of the car:
- Direction of traffic: In South Africa the traffic is mainly left-handed. In North Africa the traffic is right-handed.
- Age restrictions: The minimum age for renting a car is usually 18 - 25 years. Drivers under 25 years of age and over 65 years of age are charged an extra fee or get rental terms and conditions, which include to take an additional insurance for damage / collision.
- Driving abroad: A rental car can almost invariably only be driven inside of the country in which it is rented.
- Driver’s license and documents: An international driving license, passport and credit card are mostly required to rent are car.